Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Helping Daddy

Matthew just loves helping his Daddy with anything around the house.
One day last week, Scott had the day off so they worked on the railing on the outside deck.




He loves Daddy's undivided attention.
He has been a bigger helper around the house lately.
He is pretty funny too!
On this particular day, he came into the garage where I was working and said, "Mommy, uh I sweaty from working on the house." 
He was even pulling 2 x 4 x 8's off the trailer and dragging them to the window and helping push them in the window.  After he did 6 or so, he looked at me and said "Oh my back is hurting."  He took a break for awhile and then continued helping.  We had LOTs of 2 x 4's (90 I believe).  After we were done, he told me he was thristy and needed a treat.
He is getting so grown up!  While working of the new house, we have been letting him skip naps (unless of course, he really needs one) and he does really good without his naps.  I still give him naps during the week to see about catching up on some of that missed sleep but there are days when he is just not tired and just rests. 

No comments: