Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Advent Calendar

I don't really remember any traditions that I had while growing up but I do want to start Christmas traditions with Matthew.  I want him to know that Jesus is the really reason for the season!!!
One tradition that Scott and I started after we got married was an advent calendar.
Well actually I started doing the advent calendar after my mother-in-law made me this one below!
When we hung it up on December 1st, I showed Matthew where baby Jesus was and I told him that baby Jesus goes in the last day because that is when baby Jesus was born.  Almost every day he has wanted to put baby Jesus in.

I guess this is his new smile!
I get this look everytime that I ask him to smile!

It also helps with counting!
When we put an ornament into the pocket, we always count them when Matthew will let us.

No comments: